Woke up hungry and alert today. No headache! I only got up once in the night and – NO Hot Flashes!!! Yeah, I used to wake up about every 2 hours with them. I’m lucky that I could get right back to sleep when they subsided, but was not very rested.
Just to be clear, I’ve actually been doing this since December 19th, with a one night break on New Years Eve. So the hot flashes did not go away in a few days; they were actually gone a few days before the New Year, so it took about 10 days.
Was I grateful enough to not eat junk on New Years Eve? Unfortunately, no. I knew I was going to really keep this one year commitment, so I had a few last tastes. Not the healthiest way to think about it maybe, but I know from experience that if I feel the least bit deprived, my inner she devil goes pretty crazy, so it was a calculated risk. Hopefully the inner work I’m doing will allow her to calm down and be heard and sufficiently satisfied in other ways.
Breakfast: 8:30 am
- 10 0z. green juice (cucumber, celery, ginger, sprouts)
- 1/2 c. dry steel-cut oats/oat bran
- 1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
- 2 lg. eggs
- 6 oz. ripe red pear
- 1 t. minced fresh ginger
- 1 dropper liquid stevia
(baked at 350 degrees for 18 minutes)
- 4 oz. king salmon broiled with Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Magic
- 1 c. Body Ecology millet quinoa “holiday dressing” (sautéed onions, thyme, rosemary, herbs de Provence)
- 2 c. mixed baby field greens with sliced beets, 3 T. fresh cilantro
- 1 T. flax seed oil & extra virgin olive oil/lemon & apple cider vinegar dressing
- White bean turkey chili (1/2 c. sauteed onions, celery, portobellos, 4 oz. ground turkey, 1/2 c. chicken broth, 1 T. cumin, 1 t. chipotle pepper, 1 c. cannellini beans)
- 1-1/2 c. Great Cleanse Blender Salad
- 5 mins. brisk walk to park at 180 spm
- 5 mins. Evolution Running drills at 180 spm
- 10 mins. barefoot run/walk at 180 spm
- 5 mins. barefoot run on treadmill at 180 spm
Why did I go to the park and then come home and run on the treadmill? Two words: 35 degrees. One lap around the football field and I couldn’t feel my toes after halfway around. I suspect that might prevent me from learning barefoot technique! I’m not used to this cold after Christmas and New Years Day in the 60 degree range.
Great news: Yesterday I ran 2-1/2 mins. then rested by walking a minute, then ran the other 2-1/2 mins. Today I made it through the whole 5 mins. without stopping!
I haven’t managed my time as well as I’d like today, and now it’s too late to work on my Forgiveness Diet. Yes, I’m probably resisting it somewhat. Instead I’m going to do a Gratitude List – List all the people, experiences and things I’m grateful for, large and small. Allow myself to really feel the blessing of each thing in my body. Thanking God for blessings and feeling it deeply are a way to open myself to more of the same. Whatever I focus on, expands.
Since I’m doing it immediately before bedtime, I’ll update how that went tomorrow.