Meal #1: 8am – Apple Peanut Butter Muffin Tops
Meal #2: 11am – 1 oz roasted peanuts
Meal#4: 4:30pm – 12 oz beer, 2 oz almonds, 4 c Smartfood white cheddar popcorn
Meal #5: 6:30pm – 1 c Blender Salad
Meal #6: 11pm – Cherry Smoothie: 1 c soymilk, 4 oz frozen cherries, 18 g whey protein powder, 1 t almond extract, 20 drops stevia
4 hrs Disc Golf – tournament in Senoia, GA
Very difficult conditions playing the disc golf tournament today. The course itself is very creative, consisting of short, narrow alleys, lined with 2-3″ diameter pines. If you land in them, you’re basically “in jail,” and you can only hope to punch out to the fairway. Secondly, the winds were 15-20 mph, with 25-30 mph gusts! Whatever accuracy I was striving for became somewhat random in the wind.
Not everyone had as hard a time as I did. I realized a lot of my frustration when playing is worked out on big open holes, where I can really let loose some monster drives to release some tension. Not possible much on this course.
As a result of this tourney today, I now know that:
- I didn’t throw straight very well,
- I don’t know what my usual discs will do when thrown shorter distances,
- I didn’t adapt very quickly to the conditions,
- I abandoned my initial effective strategy when I couldn’t implement it,
- I started trying to play like my opponents,
- I didn’t really feel and visualize each outcome I wanted, and
- I need more tension releasing skills.
The good news was:
- I was very relaxed from the beginning,
- I stayed curious about strategies could try,
- I stayed loose enough to continue taking calculated risks,
- I focused back on basic skills to improve what I could,
- I never gave up,
- I got a workable strategy by the end, and
- I didn’t get down on myself about my playing.