Meal #1: 7:45am – KS Pumpkin Pie
Meal #2: 2pm – 4 oz DFM rotisserie chicken, 1 c mashed cauliflower, 1 c brown rice, 1 c canned spinach
Meal #3: 6pm – 4 oz broiled salmon, 3 c salad of mixed baby greens, 1/3 c alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 c sliced beets, 1 oz goat cheese, 1 t balsamic vinegar, 1 t ACV, 1 T olive oil
Meal#4: 9pm – 3/4 c plain, low-fat yogurt, 10 drops stevia, 6 oz mandarin oranges
OA Meeting – shared about how feeling like I’m doing great and have it “all under control” have led to my making too many extra commitments. The travel was enough to push me to the edge with keeping my food clean. Too much work also contributed to having me back to having cravings, being stressed and unprepared with appropriate food.
I think tools of recovery like phone calls and a sponsor would help reflect these things back to me.
Someone said that prayer is for asking for the ability to do what needs to be done–actions, not asking for results, as that is my Higher Power’s part of it.
I was able to get a temporary sponsor at the meeting, who actually has set me up pretty well for the next few weeks, with some tasks of basic recovery:
- Phone calls to other members,
- 3 face to face meetings a week (that’ll be challenging but I’m willing),
- Reading For Today (short daily thought for recovery),
- Reading daily
- Writing daily a couple of paragraphs about something that resonates with me from the OA 12/12 (step one this month),
- Weekly phone check in with my sponsor,
- 3 regularly timed meals a day plus fruit if hungry (or my current food plan, and–LAST BUT NOT LEAST–
- Being abstinent, which in OA means not eating compulsively.